portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Barging in
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
Bedevil - Kiran Hunter This review was written for MM Good Book Reviews by Pixie.

This is Kiran Hunter’s debut story and after reading this story I think I may just start author hunting (and they are in my neck of the woods bwahhahaha).

Gareth and Tim are moving into a house that Gareth has inherited. It’s tucked away in a little village and Gareth thinks it’s the perfect place to show Tim he is serious about him. After all, there is no temptation, no nightclubs and no men to cheat with. Tim doesn’t really want to be there. He is having difficulty trusting Gareth and finds it very hard to believe a word he says. He also feels that the house is haunted and really wants to leave. Luka is all alone when the two new men move in and he has hopes that that will change, but his presence spooks Tim.

I think that this story is well-written, well-plotted, has a good story-line and more than anything else it’s a teaser. It teases us with Gareth’s infidelity, it teases us with Tim’s difficulty to forgive, it teases us with Luka’s presence and it teases us with the mysterious old man in the pub. What we have here is a build-up of a spooky paranormal and I really can’t predict which way it’s going to go in the next book (oh yes I checked). Will it tip towards a romance? Or towards horror? It has the potential to go either way and I have a feeling that no matter which way it goes it will be great.