portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
Healer - Cassandra Gold This review was written for MM Good Book Reviews

I absolutely loved the first book in Cassandra Gold’s new Series, The Institute. Basically, this is the X-men for grown-ups. And like the most recent X-men offerings, between a bunch of action scenes, there’s a steamy romance with more than a touch of angst.

Now the Title character, Tristan, is a sweetie; a heart of gold and off-the chart healing abilities. It takes him a while to get used to not having to hide his abilities, when he first gets to the Institute, but it doesn’t take long for him to get with the program. Having a hottie like Cam no doubt made settling in even easier. Speaking of Cam, he is without par my favorite character in this story. Watching him fall in love was like seeing a car wreck in slow motion. What’s that saying? The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Definitely applies to our jaded Shapeshifter.

There are also a heap of neat secondary characters that are introduced . Hopefully, Ms. Gold won’t feel the need to just stick with just MM romance, in this series. I would love to see Dixon fall.

So, like I said, The Institute: Healer is a fabulous beginning. Nice world-building, realistic plotting and excellent pace for both the romance and the action. I look forward to book #2.