portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Barging in
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
Fate's Second Chance - A.J. Jarrett This reviews was written for MM Good Book Reviews.

This is my favorite novella of the week…okay, so it’s my first novella of the week, but seriously…this was a very entertaining little book.

This story begins with Marie Carter dying. That’s right, dying. Now excuse my ignorance, but when is a main character’s death, in the opening pages ever a good thing. Well, come to find out, dying was the best thing that could possibly happen to Marie.

Now, I wouldn’t be much of a reviewer, if I told you all that Fate has in store for Marie and the man she’s loved since Kindergarten…you’ll just have to trust me on this one. I don’t think it’s too much of a spoiler to say Marie has always had the soul of a gay man. ;-) This story is sometimes funny, sometimes angsty…but, always well-written. Even the secondary characters are well worth getting to know; everyone should have a sexy guardian angel like Ross and a got-your-back big sister like Selena. As for Shawn, poor disbelieving Shawn – he might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but even he can’t fight destiny.

If you are looking for a sweet, paranormal romance with just a touch of sensuous heat, I highly recommend Fate’s Second Chance.