portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Barging in
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
Protecting Francis - Amber Kell This review first appeared on MM Good Book Reviews - http://www.mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com

In my humble opinion, Amber Kell is the Queen of the Novella. She manages to churn out sweet romances with just enough heat to keep me coming back for more. Protecting Francis is the second in the Yearning Love series. I liked it better than Taking Care of Charlie. In that book, Charlie had issues and Marcus was his knight in shining armor. In Protecting Francis, Francis is so not in need of protecting. On one hand he is very limp-wrist cliché, on the other he has a mean left hook and is not afraid to use it.

I wish the other MC, Bill could have been developed more. But, it was really sweet to watch him try to get close to Francis without scaring him off. God bless him, I just wanted to hug him and tell him “it would be all right.” (Because, I know Amber Kell ALWAYS finds a way to bring a happily ever after.)

If you are into sweet romance, sweet loving and a bit of suspense…this is a must read.