portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Barging in
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
Hard as Teak - Margie Church This is Ms. Church’s first MM release. All in all, I think she did a pretty good job. But, that is what I would expect from a writer who claims to write “Romance with SASS; Suspense, Angst, Seductive Sizzle.

From the minute Teak and Kevin meet there is intense sexual chemistry. These two get hot and heavy fast. But, their interaction has a realism that is touching. Teak really wants to get into Kevin’s pants, but he isn’t sneaky or manipulative. He’s honest with his intentions and allows Kevin to explore his curiosity without pressure.

Loved watching these guys fall in love. Kevin confused me a few times. He wanted to be an alpha dog, then would turn around and act like a little *itch ( can I say bitch on this site…).

My only complaint would be that near the end of the book Teak kinda disappeared. Not physically, but for a he became more of an accessory than a partner. But, that’s only in the end. For most of the book they share a respect that is sweet. But for a while there, Teak faded into the background while Kevin got his shit together. I’m not saying Teak should have gone caveman or anything, but I would have respected him more if he directed traffic, instead of catching a ride on Kevin’s emotional roller coaster.

This story is well written with equal parts sweetness and sensuality. I hope Ms. Church dips into the MM pond again.