portiademoncur

What Portia's Reading

I Read, I write...I review.

Dark Thirst
Barging in
Josephine Myles
Bollywood Dreams
Scarlet Blackwell
The Wanting (D'Shar Men, #1) - Shyla Colt *I don't really think that this book is a 5, but it definitely wasn't a 1, so I padded my numbers a bit to come up with a number I like. ;-)*

Is it me, or does every other paranormal book you pick up involve a mating heat that the main characters are helpless to control? What happens when you find your mate, but the timing sucks…major?

Shyla Colt has written a fresh take on finding a mate. When Phelan found his mate, he immediately recognizes The Wanting for what it is. He also knows that his mate is too young, so he waits. Years of crushing on her old professor don’t make finding out he’s her destined mate any easier for Zasha. She has her own reasons for running from the Wanting.

This was my first Shyla Colt read and I’m not going to lie, I did have some readability issues early on, but that was editorial stuff. The premise of this book was great; the dialog highly erotic and the overall pace for the romance nice.

I look forward to more from this author in the future and have no doubt she will be a strong voice within the paranormal genre.